Climate Model (also referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”) takes steps to protect your privacy. In this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), we describe the types of personal information we may collect from you in connection with your use of our websites including, but not limited to, the Climate Model, our online bitcoin trading platform, mobile application, social media pages, or other online properties (collectively, the “Website”), or when you use any of the products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions we offer (collectively, the “Services”).
This Notice is designed to help you obtain information about our privacy practices and to help you understand your privacy choices when you use our Website and Services. Please note that our Service offerings may vary by region.
For all purposes, the English language version of this privacy notice shall be the original, governing instrument. In the event of any conflict between the English language version of this privacy notice and any subsequent translation into any other language, the English language version shall govern and control.
How we use your data
The business purposes for which we collect, use, retain, and share your Personal Data may include:
- To provide Services through operating the Website, including to:
- Register, create, and maintain your account;
- Authenticate your identity and/or your access to an account, or help sellers verify your identity;
- Initiate, facilitate, process, and/or execute transactions;
- Communicate with you regarding your account or any Services you use;
- Perform creditworthiness, KYC, or other similar reviews;
- Evaluate applications; or
- Compare information for accuracy and verification purposes.
- To manage risk and protect you, other persons, and the Website and Services.
- To provide a personalized experience and implement your preferences.
- To better understand customers and how they use and interact with the Website and Services.
- To market to you.
- To provide personalized Services, offers, and promotions on our Website and third-party websites.
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionalities, and offers.
- To comply with our policies and obligations, including, but not limited to, disclosures and responses in response to any requests from law enforcement authorities and/or regulators in accordance with any applicable law, rule, regulation, judicial or governmental order, regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, discovery request or similar legal process.
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems.
- To provide customer service to you or otherwise communicate with you.
- To manage our business.
We may also process Personal Data for other purposes based upon your consent when required by applicable law.
Sources from which we collect personal data
We collect Personal Data from a number of sources, including
- Directly from you: We collect Personal Data directly from you when you use our Website or Services, communicate with us, or interact directly with us.
- From service providers and/or data processors who assist us in providing the Website or the Services: We may engage service providers to assist us in facilitating the Website or the Services to you, at our direction and on our behalf. These service providers may collect information about you and provide it to us.
- From other users on the Climate Model Website or from affiliates integrated with the Climate Model Website or Services: Other users may provide us with information about you in connection with transactions or chats. Affiliates may also provide information to us about you related to your interactions or transactions with such affiliates.
- From third-parties who may help us verify identity, prevent fraud, and protect the security of transactions.
- From third-parties who may help us evaluate your creditworthiness or financial standing.
- From third-parties who may help us analyze Personal Data, improve the Website or the Services or your experience on it, market products or services, or provide promotions and offers to you.
- From social media platforms, if you interact with us through social media.
How we share data
Under certain circumstances, we may disclose certain Personal Data with other persons. The categories of persons with whom we may share Personal Data include:
- Service providers and/or data processors: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements for our products and Services, or provide customer support.
- Other parties to transactions, such as sellers: We may share information with the other participants to your transactions, including other users from whom you are purchasing the digital asset.
- Financial institutions and other companies involved in helping you make payments in connection with transactions
- Affiliates that receive referrals from our Website
- Other third-parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- To comply with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligation, or with any legal or regulatory process (such as a valid court order or subpoena);
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- In response to a request by a government agency, such as law enforcement authorities or a judicial order;
- To enforce our Website Terms of Service or our internal policies;
- To prevent physical harm or financial loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or to otherwise protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety;
- To facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Climate Model’s business. For example, by sharing data with a company we plan to merge with or be acquired by; or
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
International transfers of data
Please note that we may transfer Personal Data we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries, we take steps designed to ensure that the transfer is in accordance with applicable law.
We retain Personal Data for the period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or for such periods as required by applicable law. This may involve retaining Personal Data for periods following a transaction. We make efforts to delete your Personal Data once it is no longer required for any of the business purposes described above.
Climate Model has implemented safeguards designed to protect your Personal Data, including measures designed to prevent Personal Data against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access and disclosure. Still, Climate Model cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection. Transferring data through the Internet always carries some risk, even if Climate Model makes efforts to protect data once it has received it.
Children under 18 years of age
Climate Model’s Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 18 without verified parental consent. If we learn that we have collected information, including Personal Data, from an individual under 18 years of age without parental consent, we will delete that information immediately.
Modifications to the privacy notice
Climate Model reserves the right to change this Notice from time to time. We will notify you of modifications to this Notice by posting a revised version of this Notice here, by email, or by means of a prominent notice on the Climate Model Website home page. We recommend that you periodically check the Website for any changes.